Saturday 1 February 2014

Pastels!

One thing I have learnt about myself through my long life is that I have an unhealthy obsession with pastels. From about March till October I can't get enough of them. This year is no different so I wanted to (as this blog is called Pastel Mode) create a list of them.

Tops

First up is tops.
I really like pastel gradients and when looking for one I found this lovely blended pastel top which also has a paisley print on it. I find that paisley sprints are so delicate just pastels are so this top is the perfect marriage of them.

This was from Asos and is now sold out but cost £78.00 which I would never buy in a million years but I feel like the tee-shirt is the perfect representation of pastels.

Jumpers

For jumpers I have a few picks. As a child I never liked jumpers but when I got to secondary school I met someone who later became one of my closest friends. She is obsessed with jumpers and she has inspired me to love them too

Firstly I have a cream jumper from Forever 21. I think of cream as a pastelish colour which is why I have included it. I love this jumper because it is shorter than a usual jumper and have been close to buying it twice! I'm really bad at buying clothes without a second opinion which is why I didn't buy it in the end.

Forever 21 is one of my shops because I often find similar clothes to those that I have fallen in love with from Topshop for half the price or even more

Green has to be one of my favourite colours and I love the knit of this jumper from Topshop. Topshop is one of the most inspiring shops I know especially the Oxford Street store. If you're in London and you haven't visited it. you really should!

Skirt
Light Denim one the perfect partners for pastel colours. I really love the skater skirt shape which is why I have chosen a light denim skater skirt. I love this one from Topshop except for the fact it is petite. I could never wear petite as I am excessively tall (176cm) and so I would be flashing my underwear the whole time I would be wearing it.

Jacket
I've been wanting a denim jacket for the longest time. Last year I thrifted one but did not like it after being it home so I haven't worn it. Whilst shopping in Forever 21 last year I saw this jacket on display and tried it on but there was only a large left and so it didn't fit :( I will definitely go back soon to look for it again or order it online.

Makeup

Makeup is definitely one of my favourite parts about getting ready and basically being a girl!


First up my choice of palette is the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. I have the naked 2 palette which is amazing and I am currently trying really hard to resist buying this. Instead of just having browns it has pinks. This palette perfectly suits pastels because it is delicate and will go perfectly with a pastel outfit.

For nails, I couldn't make my mind up as there are so many pastel nail varnishes in the world (and I probably own loads of them) so I decided to choice a collection which is Models Own Fruit Pastel Collection.


I have wanted these for the longest time but have not been able to stomach paying £25 for them. I recently liked Models Own on facebook and found out about their sale which is that is if you spend £25 or more on their website (Models Own) then you get everything in your basket half price. HALF PRICE! So I have ordered these nail varnishes and they are in the post as we speak (or type, or read). These colours are just perfectly pastel and they smell as well.

I hope you have enjoyed reading my pastel favourties
-Love Jess



No comments:

Post a Comment